Applicants should complete the Online Application on the website of the THU Graduate Programs Application System for International Students during the designated THU application period. Applicants should fill in the application information online, upload the application documents listed below to the Online Application System, and pay the application fee online at the time of submission. The online application system of Tsinghua University for 2018 applicants will be open on November 1st, 2017. The URL for online application website is gradadmission.tsinghua.edu.cn.
1. Qualification of Applicants
1) Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport.
2) Applicants for master’s degree programs should have a bachelor’s degree.
2. Application Schedule
First Round： November 1, 2017 -- January 15, 2018
Second Round： January 16, 2018 -- March 1, 2018
Please note that for applicants for the Chinese Government Scholarship or other scholarships, applications should be submitted before December 31, 2017.
Note: The deadline for the second round of application has been extended to March 20, 2018.
3. Application Documents
1) Personal statement.
2) Degree certificate. Master’s degree program applicants should submit a bachelor’s degree certificate. Doctoral degree program applicants should submit both master’s and bachelor’s degree certificates. Those who have not graduated yet must provide a proof of education in current academic institution.
3) Academic transcript. Master’s degree program applicants should submit an academic transcript of undergraduate study.
4) Two online academic recommendation letters from scholars who have the title of associate professor or higher, or senior professionals in a related academic field. Please follow system instructions for submission of online recommendation letters.
5) For non-English-speaking students, please provide English level certificates. e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, etc.
6) Passport personal information page (personal and ordinary passport).
Note：Use the online application to apply. The online application offers tools for collecting and submitting some, but not all, of the documents and information required for application.
4. Application Remarks
Applicants are required to submit scanned images of all required documents at the time of application. All uploaded documents should be in Chinese or in English; otherwise notarial translations in Chinese or English are required. Once translated, the original documents and certified translations are to be submitted together to the application system.
Please scan the original or notarial application documents in color using a scanner. Documents images captured by mobile phone or camera are not acceptable. Copies are also not acceptable.
Application fee must be paid at time of application submission. THU is not responsible for errors made by applicants during the application process. There are no application-fee refunds.
Applications with incomplete documents or without application fee payment will not be processed.
THU may request some applicants to offer original or notarial hardcopies of application documents for further qualification check if uploaded documents are not sufficient. Applicants shall guarantee all the information and application documents submitted in this application are authentic and accurate, otherwise, the admission will be disqualified.